Full time £23,000 p.a.
SPRED is a registered charity which works in the Archdiocese of Glasgow to support parishes to welcome and include their members who have a learning disability to play their full part in the life of the parish and of the wider church. We are seeking to recruit a new member of staff who will be trained to support the Director of SPRED in delivering the SPRED programme throughout the Archdiocese of Glasgow.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a good knowledge of the ethos of the Catholic Church and the rights of its disabled members
- Be a powerful advocate for the rights of people with learning disabilities
- Be able to work effectively with clergy and groups of volunteers
- Be available to work flexible hours (with substantial evening and weekend working)
- Ideally have a full driving licence
- Be committed to undertake a bespoke training programme
The post is funded for up to three years with a probationary period of one year during which time the successful applicant will be expected to complete the training programme.
Due to the nature of the post the postholder will be expected to work their contracted hours during school term time, and will be granted school holidays.
Closing date for completed applications: Monday 17 December. Anticipated date of interviews: Wednesday, 9th January 2019